7 Signs That Your Late Sleeping Habit Is Affecting Your Health
Old airport road, Bengaluru Feb 13, 2017
Are you a night owl? Do you usually work at midnight? Well, the night time is definitely a peaceful time where you can bring out all your creativity and no one would be there to interrupt your ongoing business but every gleaming thing has a dark part associated with it. Maybe your mind delivers the adequate efficiency in your performance during the night but what happens with your body during this time should be your primary concern.
A big misconception among the people who usually work till the late night is that the lack of sleep during the night can be balanced with a sleep during the daytime. During night, your mind and body heal from the damages caused due to stress and hard work during the daytime. But, this is not the exact scene when you sleep during the daytime. The day sleep invites lots of health issues and rather than feeling relaxed, you would face anxiety, irritation, anger, stress, running out of time for almost every important thing and more issues. Health experts strictly prohibit people from hitting the sack late night. Your whole regimen gets disturbed due to sleeping late and you have to repent again and again for messing up with your own life. There is a myriad of health issues related to late night sleeping and you need to have a glance at those.
– Dark Circles around the eyes signifies that a person is a night owl. There is more stress on your eyes while sitting in front a computer system than during the daytime. Apart from the dark circles, you can also suffer from hair and skin related issues due to sleeping late.
– It is pretty obvious to have a bad mood and anxiety during the daytime if you tend to go to your bed after midnight. When you wake up late, you start worrying about various responsibilities and jobs that you need to accomplish during the day time only and the workload is piled up if you are unable to complete them on time.
– Sleeping late causes poor metabolism. Also, you feel hungry all the time when you wake up late and don’t get the time to have your breakfast. Usually, night owls are seen to have a great inclination towards junk foods and needless to say they go for food multiple times a day that ultimately encourages obesity.
– The variation in your sleeping schedule causes Insomnia. If you usually go to sleep after midnight, you may have experienced the difficulty in falling asleep. It may take several minutes and sometimes even hours to sleep after going to bed.
Risk of Accidents/Lack of Concentration
– Late Night sleeping affects your concentration. It is pretty normal to feel dizzy during the day if you haven’t had enough sleep. When you are driving, you may lose your concentration which increases the chances of an accident. There is a probability that you may botch up your job at your workplace.
– Insufficient and late night sleep causes breast cancer in women.
– Late night sleep has a great impact on the human brain. If you create disturbance in your regular functionality of your brain, you have to face its consequences. A backache is also a health issue caused due to late night sleep.
If you are used to with the late night sleeping, you need to understand that you are playing with your life every day, every moment. People who follow a normal sleeping regimen live longer than the night owls. It is your health and you must be serious about it.
© Copyright MANIPAL HOSPITALS