Homeopathic Remedies for Allergy
Dr Sheetal Bhatia
Domlur, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Our body is a host to a lot of outside agents. Usually, the immune system can identify the substances but in the case of allergies, it mistakes the harmless substances known as allergens as a potential threat and starts reacting to them. An allergic person is more hypersensitive towards certain allergens than a healthy person. Effective homeopathy treatment for allergy helps to modify the hyper susceptibilities of the person. Homeopathy treatment acts at the body's deep-seated energetic level. A proper homeopathy treatment fixes the problem at the root level, making the person’s health whole again.
Children and adults can develop different types of skin conditions. Skin disorders can occur for many reasons. One of the cause is skin allergy. An allergic reaction happens when the immune system has an unusual reaction to a harmless substance. Irritated skin can be caused by a variety of factors. These include immune system disorders, medications, and infections. Eczema and hives, both of which are related to allergies, are two of the most common skin allergy types.
Homeopathic treatment for allergy is completely safe as the homeopathy medicines are made out of natural substances and do not contain any toxins. An effective and best-suited homeopathy remedy is chosen based on the symptoms and characteristics described by each patient.
Allium Cepa: Allium Cepa helps with symptoms of burning, watery eyes, colds, sinus problems, hay fever, mucus from the nose, streaming eyes, swollen eyes. Allium cepa is effective for treating medical conditions that are similar to symptoms caused by exposure to red onions - tearing of the eyes and watery nose.
Arsenicum Album: Arsenic Album is a natural remedy to treat nasal allergy. The allergy is characterized by a burning discharge from the nose, sneezing, watery eyes, stinging sensation in the face and cheeks, and labored breathing.
Apis Mellifica: Apis Mellifica or Bee Venom is a natural Homeopathic remedy for hives or urticarial rash due to allergic reactions. Allergic hives result in violent itching with burning and stinging sensations. Apis mellifica is the venom of the honeybee or a tincture made from the whole bee.
Natrum Mur: Prepared from common table salt, Natrum Mur is the homeopathic medicine beneficial for the treatment of nasal and skin allergies. Nasal allergy is accompanied by a running nose with sneezing and difficulty in breathing. In skin allergies, Natrum Mur is the ideal remedy for excessive itching.
Sulfur: Medicinal use of Sulphur dates back to ancient times when it was used as a laxative, antiseptic and disinfectant. Sulfur is the best remedy for skin allergies with excessive itching and burning sensation. Use Sulphur for red irritated skin, unhealthy looking skin, eczema, psoriasis, acne, and cystic acne.
Skin allergy home remedy
- Olive oil: Olive oil helps in healing and promotes skin renewal given it is packed with vitamin E and antioxidants. It also soothes the skin and reduces itching. Also, add a pinch of turmeric powder to olive oil and apply it two or three times a day for a few days. Turmeric is rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which soothes rashes and relieves itching.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is useful in drying skin rashes as also in relieving itching and inflammation. A mixture of baking soda with some coconut oil for treating skin rashes is a very effective home remedy.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is excellent for treating several skin ailments including rashes as also soothing the skin.
- Cold Compress: A cold compress can be beneficial in reducing rashes, especially those caused by heat, insect bites, poison ivy and shingles. It helps ease swelling, inflammation, and itching and is particularly useful if a rash begins to develop into blisters.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Raw and organic apple cider vinegar is a common home remedy to treat skin rashes and ease itching. Its acetic acid content helps counter skin infections or skin allergy that could be causing or aggravating the problem.
The symptoms vary depending on what you're allergic to and how you come into contact with it. Common symptoms of an allergic reaction include:
Sneezing and an itchy, runny or blocked nose (allergic rhinitis)
Itchy, red, watering eyes (conjunctivitis)
Wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath and a cough
A raised, itchy, red rash (hives)
Swollen lips, tongue, eyes or face
Tummy pain, feeling sick, vomiting or diarrhea
Dry, red and cracked skin
The best way to prevent allergy symptoms and limit your need for allergy medicine is to avoid your allergens as much as possible. Good allergy treatment is based on your medical history, the results of your allergy tests and how severe your symptoms are. It can include three treatment types: avoiding allergens, medicine options and/or immunotherapy (allergens given as a shot or placed under the tongue). Some people don’t take allergy medicine because they don’t think their symptoms are serious. The best and first to use skin allergy medicine is anti-itch cream. Over-the-counter hydrocortisone or calamine lotion may relieve itching.
Looking for a health expert around you? Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe.