What is Face lift without surgery?
Dr. Vivekanand N Bhat
Lavelle road, Bengaluru Feb 10, 2017
A facelift is “a surgical procedure where the surgeon makes small incisions throughout the hairline, behind the ears, chin, and mouth to then pull the skin back to decrease the appearance of aging.” While the results of this procedure can be dramatic, they are not permanent.
For people who do not intend to go in for surgical facelift the use of radiofrequency can now tighten specific areas of the face and when used in conjunction with botox, fillers and laser lipolysis. We use US-FDA approved RF energy to tighten the middle part of the face. Radiofrequency heats deeper layers in the skin to cause collagen damage and subsequent repair process results in increased collagen content, better skin elasticity and hence skin tightening. The middle part of the face responds well to radiofrequency skin tightening, the use of botox in upper 1/3 of the face to eliminate wrinkles and folds in the forehead, crows feet, and fillers to fill up the nasolabial fold helps in getting good results for nonsurgical procedures.
Facelifts, we use laser lipolysis to eliminate a double chin, and tighten the skin below the jawline, hence laser lipolysis helps to provide a better jawline in conjunction with tighter skin in the chin region.
Some other techniques for a facelift without surgery are:
- Injections: Also known as dermal fillers, injections help to fill in the appearance of lines and wrinkles. They can also plump up the skin, giving a more youthful look and reducing any sagging or hollowness. Fillers such a Juvéderm are packed with hyaluronic acid, which adds volume to desired areas of the face to lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines or plump the lips. The results are both subtle and long-lasting.
- Ultherapy: Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology and is the only FDA-cleared, non-invasive procedure that lifts tones, and tightens the skin. It allows seeing the layers of tissue targeted during the treatment to ensure the energy is deposited where it will be most beneficial. The treatment can be highly effective.
- Microcurrent Toning: Commonly described as “facial toning,” It is a preferred procedure for non-surgical facelifts, due to the dramatic lifting effect that micro-current has on facial muscles and facial contours.” Microcurrent instantly plumps out deep lines and wrinkles, promoting skin healing as well as collagen and elastin production. During the procedure, all 32 facial muscles are “physically manipulated using soft cotton tipped wands (probes) that transmit the mild electrical impulses.” The treatment is pain-free and offers instant gratification.
- Cryolift: This procedure is brand-new. Cryolift, delivers hyaluronic acid and CO2 to the skin directly, lowering the skin’s temperature, causing surface blood to rush (true oxygenation) and wrapping the contracting and expanding pores around the hyaluronic acid. It treats dehydration and reduces inflammation, giving an overall glow. Ideal for all skin types, there is zero downtime and instant results.
- Lasers: Collagen-producing lasers penetrate the skin deeply, at the layer of restructuring. They work by gently heating the collagen under the surface of the skin. This expands the collagen, tightens the skin and shrinks broken capillaries. In her experience, this method has less of an impact than other treatments.
Both surgical and nonsurgical treatments have been used with success on the face and areas of the body. Some of the most dramatic results have been seen in the area of the neck and jawline. However, these treatments are also showing some promising results on sagging skin on the abdomen, upper arms, butt, and thighs, and seem to offer some help with diminishing the appearance of cellulite as well.
Looking for a health expert around you? Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe.