All You need to know about Exercising in the morning
Jayanagar, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
There is no good or bad time to exercise. You just need a time of the day that is convenient and you can stick with. Here, we will look at the advantages of a morning workout.
Exercising early in the morning offers a plethora of benefits - to your health as well as your daily schedule. It may seem like a task to get up early in the morning and requires quite some discipline. You need to be fully awake and not just move in a Zombie-like state. With time, practice and patience, you can make morning exercise a habit.
- If you are trying to do heavy lifting exercises such as a triset or a giant set, it could not be possible in a crowded gym in the evening. Going for an evening run? You may not experience the same breath of fresh morning air or clear roads.
- Your hormones (testosterone) are working to your advantage in the morning and are more elevated in the morning than in the late hours.
- If you get your workout done in the morning, you are left with the rest of the day to indulge in other activities and enjoy your evening.
- You could burn more fat while exercising on an empty stomach.
- You will be more focused at school, college or work and feel less stressed.
- You are likely to experience a lot of distractions in the evening that prevent you from getting your exercise such as a get-together, fatigue or overtime at work. Mornings offer few such distractions and you have all your energy intact.
- Exercise boosts your metabolic rate, allowing you to burn more calories for the rest of the day. This phenomenon is called excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC).
- Your mood improves with morning exercise as your body releases endorphins or the feel-good hormones.
- If you exercise in the morning, you actually develop an appetite for breakfast, making it less likely for you to skip breakfast. Also, you have this desire to eat healthy after a workout.
If you are not sure what time of the day suits best for your body, try exercising at a different time of the day for different weeks and then determine which makes you feel better. What matters most is that you get your daily dose of exercise.