Amla - The Natural Immunity Booster
Aecs layout, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Packed with Vitamin C, the Indian gooseberry or amla is a powerhouse of nutrients. It not only promotes our body’s well-being but is also essential in preventing and managing widespread diseases. You can eat them raw, juice them or use as a powder – good health will follow.
- If you are suffering from a cough, flu or mouth ulcers, consuming amla juice is a powerful remedy. You can mix it with honey and gargle with it twice a day.
- Amla contains amino acids and antioxidants that help in the overall functioning of the heart. Regular amla consumption helps maintain cholesterol and overall cardiovascular health.
- It is also helpful in managing diabetes better as it contains chromium that regulates blood sugar levels and makes your body more responsive to insulin.
- Amla has an alkaline nature and has a high fiber content that aids in digestion and constipation.
- Amla is rich in antioxidants that fight against free radicals and reduce the risk of cancer and inflammation.
- Amla is a natural blood purifier and consuming it leads to an increase in haemoglobin levels over time.
- Amla does wonders for your skin as well. It slows down the aging process and gives you beautiful skin. It helps in oxidizing melanin and closes pores.
- Amino acids in amla promote hair growth, reduce hair fall and fight dandruff.
- The carotene present in amla helps improve vision and is good for your eyesight.
- Amla is great for those looking to lose weight as it boosts metabolism and reduces fat accumulation.
Eating raw amla or drinking amla juice may not be the most pleasurable experience but add it to your diet and you will see the multifold health benefits that it has to offer.