Ayurveda for Treating Piles
Medikoe Health Expert
Koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Apr 5, 2019
Certain condition leads to the swelling of the hemorrhoids present in the perianal area which can cause utter pain. This condition is known as piles. Hemorrhoids are the tissues, made up of blood vessels, connective tissues, and a few muscles present within the anal canal and surrounding area. Piles can lead to constipation, diarrhea, and painful bowel movement.
Symptoms of Piles
- Fresh blood in the stool
- Painful bowel movement
- Pain in the anal area
- Itching or burning sensation in the anal region
- Bulging in and around the anal region
Causes of Piles
- Weak pelvic muscles
- Straining due to constipation
- Hard stool
- Wiping too much
- Straining delivery
- Anal sex
- Spinal cord injury
Piles category and Ayurvedic Approach to cure it
According to Ayurveda, the imbalance in any of the doshas can cause piles. The different symptoms depict the imbalance in the doshas which are as follows:
- Vata: Constipation, pain and dark piles.
- Pitta: Thirst, diarrhea and reddish piles.
- Kapha: Digestive problems and whitish piles.
Piles are classified into two categories:
- External Piles
- This is a painful condition where the hemorrhoids/piles mass occurs at the lower part of the anal canal
- Internal Piles
- It is further subdivided into four grades:
- Grade 1: As this is internal it cannot be seen. Here the hemorrhoids tissue bulges into of the lumen.
- Grade 2: Here a small portion of the hemorrhoids come out but rushes in immediately when you release your stool.
- Treatment for grade 1 and 2 piles:
- Diet and change in lifestyle
- Medication for dosha imbalance.
- Grade 3: Here, the hemorrhoids/piles mass temporarily hangs out when you release your stool.
- Grade 4: Here, the hemorrhoids/piles mass permanently hangs out when you release your stool.
- Treatment for external, grade 3 and 4 piles:
- Customized diet and change in lifestyle
- Kshar sutra therapy
- Herbal medication