Benefits of drinking turmeric milk
Dt Sheetal chhabria
Vasanth nagar, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Turmeric powder is a common ingredient in many households. This spice which is used to add colour and flavour to dishes has many proven health benefits. Here’s why warm milk with turmeric commonly called Haldi Doodh, should be your go to drink before going to bed:
- This drink helps fight infections as it boosts your immunity and also prevents night coughs and flu.
- Study shows that having this drink helps in purifying the liver as it contains a substance called curcumin which can help in reversing liver cirrhosis and fatty liver.
- It regulates the enzymes that are responsible for cholesterol metabolism and helps in maintaining blood cholesterol levels.
- Drinking this regularly helps in purifying the blood and prevents a number of diseases from Alzheimer’s to Cancer.
- This health tonic helps improve digestion and relieves digestive problems. It is a natural remedy for indigestion, gastric troubles and heartburn. It also helps in eliminating intestinal worms.
- Its anti-oxidative properties help in burning down fat making one of the best weight loss recipes.
- During the winters, the temperature triggers and aggravates muscle and joint pains. The tonic’s anti-inflammatory properties help in dealing with these ailments.
- Turmeric is a natural source of vitamins that keep skin glowing.