De-stress yourself with yoga.
Simarouba Yoga and Naturopathy Clinic
Thippasandra, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Has stress slowly creeped in your life and you cannot seem to shake it off? Are you looking to eliminate stress from your life for good?
Before you try to seek medical help, try switching to yoga. Yoga has been shown to have a calming effect on your body and has many stress relieving benefits.
Let’s look at some yoga techniques that will help you eliminate stress.
- SUKHASANA (EASY POSE)
It is a comfortable seated position that promotes inner calm, eliminates anxiety and relieves physical and mental exhaustion.
Sit on the edge of a firm blanket. Extend your legs in front of your body and sit straight up. Cross your legs at the shins.
- With your knees wide, place each foot beneath the opposite knee and fold your legs in towards your torso.
- Place your hands on your knees with your palms down.
- Balance your weight evenly across your sit bones. Align your head, neck, and spine. Gaze ahead with soft eyes.
- Hold for a minute and then relax your feet and thighs.
- BALASANA (CHILD’S POSE)
It is a restful pose that quiets the mind and eases stress.
Kneel on the floor or yoga mat with your legs together.
Sit back on your heels.
Hinge forward so that your forehead is on the floor and chest is resting on your thighs.
Lay your hands on the floor next your torso, keep your palms up and release the fronts of your shoulders toward the floor.
Hold for at least 5 breaths.
- DHANURASANA (BOW POSE)
This pose is a good stress and fatigue booster.
- Lie on your stomach with your feet and hip width apart. Your arms should be on the side of your body.
- Exhale and bend your knees. Hold your ankles with hands.
- While you inhale, raise your thighs, head and chest as high as possible.
- Allow your lower abdomen to carry the weight of your body. Join the ankles. Look upward and breathe normally.
- When you exhale, bring your head down and legs up to knee joint. Release the ankles and relax.
- SHAVASANA (CORPSE POSE)
It puts the body at ease and leads to total relaxation. It triggers a state of slowed breathing and deep rest.
- Lie flat on your back with your legs together but not touching. Keep your arms at sides with your palms up.
- Relax yourself and keep your eyes closed.
- Hold the position for 3 to 5 minutes.
UTTANASANA (FORWARD FOLD)
This pose is believed to relieve fatigue, stress and mild forms of depression.
Stand up, fold forward and try to touch your toes.
Hold the pose and try to relax. Lengthen from the lower back, allowing the crown of your head to hang down toward the floor with your neck totally relaxed.
Breathe deeply, drawing your torso closer to your legs.
Remain in the pose for 5 to 10 breaths and then raise your arms and torso back up for standing.
With regular yoga practice, you can learn to stay calm and relaxed and face stressful events without getting anxious or restless.
Yoga is a holistic lifestyle as it is beneficial on all physical, mental, emotional and social aspects. In pregnancy, a lady needs more attention on all aspects listed in earlier statement so advised strictly to practice under a good yoga teacher to get more out of every practice of yoga.
Happy Practicing Yoga!!