- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Everything about bad breath
A condition which is medically called halitosis, bad breath results in an unpleasant smell coming from the mouth. It also causes dry mouth and formation of a coating on the tongue. This condition can be temporary or chronic depending on the reason behind it and is fairly simple and preventable.
- Certain foods like onions, garlic and beverages like coffee have strong odors that can have a lingering smell which is short-lived. Sometimes food particles get stuck promoting the growth of bacteria and dental plaque which causes bad breath.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco
- Poor oral hygiene
- Health issues like a sore throat, tonsils coal and dry mouth
- cavities and gum diseases
- Morning breath is a common condition because saliva production nearly stops while sleeping which results in the foul smell
- Brushing regularly and maintaining a good oral hygiene routine
- Rinsing thoroughly after meals (with a mouthwash if possible)
- Dental check-ups once or twice a year
- Quit smoking and consumption of tobacco
- Chewing gum or mint after meals
- Keeping the mouth moist by drinking water or chewing gum or sugarless candy
Chronic bad breath
Consult a dentist, if the problem persists, to find out the cause and practice the recommended solutions accordingly for best results. The dentist will prescribe suitable medication or mouthwashes that will be effective in the case of chronic halitosis in which case your regular routine cannot suffice. They might also recommend a Dental Prophylaxis treatment to help clean your teeth thoroughly and help keep your mouth odor free as it removes plaque and other problem causing bacteria that cause bad breath.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.