Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Dr Jaya Sharma
Hrbr layout, Bengaluru Feb 23, 2017
Be it summer time or winters, the weather always has an impact on the skin. Extreme climates cause itching, dryness and skin peeling which is not just irritating but ruins your appearance as well. Try the simple hacks at home for soft, smooth and problem free skin.
- Coconut oil: Probably the oldest remedy for problems, coconut oil always does the trick. After a shower, apply some coconut oil on semi-moist skin to eliminate dry skin and peeling.
- Cocoa butter: It smells great and works like a charm. After your bath, apply some cocoa butter and gently massage it onto the skin for a couple of minutes.
- Sugar scrubs: Mix some sugar granules with coconut oil to form a paste and apply this onto the peeling area. Gently massage the area in circular motions to help exfoliate the area and get rid of dry skin.
- Oatmeal scrubs: Another method of exfoliation, prepare a mixture of oatmeal and sugar to apply on the affected area and massage in circular motion.
- Olive oil: Like coconut oil, this one works well on the affected area by healing the skin and preventing it from drying.
- Aloe vera: Apply some fresh aloe gel to the affected area and rinse it off after it dries for smoother skin.
- Glycerin: Mix glycerine with rose water and store this liquid in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto affected areas for relief from skin peeling.
- Milk: Refrigerate milk ill it becomes ice cold, then dip a cloth in the liquid. Place the soaked cloth on the affected area for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off.
You can even use petroleum jelly products and baby oil regularly to keep the skin soft and prevent drying.