- by Medikoe Health Expert
- 0 Shares
- Feb 09 2017
Treatment for Bronchitis
Bronchitis is a respiratory condition, which causes inflammation or swelling of the tubes within the system. The bronchi are tubes, which transport air between mouth, nose and lungs.
If someone develops thing condition, the linings of these tubes get irritated and swell up. This causes difficulty in breathing and increased phlegm in the system.
- Acute bronchitis usually goes away on its own over a period of time but chronic bronchitis has no particular cure but measures can be taken to reduce the symptoms and keep things under control.
- The most important thing if you are a smoker is to quit because it worsens your condition.
- The doctor might prescribe cough medicines and antibiotics for a while to ease the symptoms.
- In case of wheezing or asthma inhalers are prescribed to help relieve your breathing problems.
- Anti-inflammatory medicines, oxygen treatment and pulmonary rehabilitation programs can provide some relief.
Note We at Medikoe provide you with the best healthcare articles written and endorsed by experts of the healthcare industry to boost you knowledge. However, we strongly recommend that users consult a doctor or concerned service provider for expert diagnosis before acting on this information.