What is Anaplasia?
Medikoe Health Expert
Koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Feb 12, 2017
A condition where cells lose their morphological characteristics due to poor cell differentiation is called anaplasia. The cells lose their morphological characteristics and orientation due to anaplasia.
Changes caused by Anaplasia
- Cells turn malignant
- Loss of structural differentiation
- Loss of functional differentiation
- Large and darkly stained nuclei
- 1:1 nuclear-cytoplasmic ratio as against the normal 1:4 and 1:6
- Cells larger than normal and contain either one large nucleus or many nuclei
- Coarse and clumped chromatin
- Nuclei are variable and weirdly shaped