Why everyday cardio is important?
Medikoe Health Expert
Koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka, india, Bengaluru Feb 9, 2017
Cardiovascular exercises get your heart pumping faster and increase blood circulation throughout the body. If you’re planning to get in shape, want to burn some fat and lose weight, improve your stamina or in general want to up your fitness levels, cardio is one of the most important practices, an activity you cannot and should not skip.
- All forms of cardio ensure you burn calories. So, maybe some forms are better than the rest but it aids in weight loss. The balance of calories consumed vs burned ensures you maintain a healthy diet
- Making your heart pump faster on a regular basis strengthen the heart and keeps you healthy preventing risk of any negative effects
- Regular cardio also boosts your metabolism and this keeps your body healthy. This aids in weight loss and maintaining fitness levels
- Regular cardio improves the hormonal profile. It releases feel good hormones that eases symptoms of depression and fatigue giving you a more positive outlook in life.
- It helps regulate blood sugar levels and is beneficial for diabetic patients as it increases utilization of glucose
To kick start cardio, do anything that gets your body moving and heart pumping faster. Going for a brisk walk, jogging, running or cycling are some basic cardio exercises. Once you can do these for about 40 minutes 3-4 times a week, you can step up to more advanced forms of cardio that will improve your fitness levels.