Yoga Poses for Thyroid Treatment & Prevention
Dr Chaitra Hegde
New thippasandra, Bengaluru Jul 10, 2017
Best Yoga Poses for Thyroid Treatment and Prevention
Yoga has extraordinary importance in treating of thyroid imbalance. The different stretching, bending and twisting yoga asanas rub the thyroid glands and make it to discharge thyroxin, as a result helps in body digestion.
What are the reasons for Thyroid?
- Excess development of thyroid tissue
- Incorrect working of thyroid gland
- Iodine Insufficiency
- Thyroid growth
- Thyroid swelling
- Damaged pituitary gland
- Thyroid surgery
- Immune system issues
What are side effects of Thyroid?
- Weight pick up
- Neck swelling
- Hair loss
- Skin issues (Thick, dry and flaky)
- Heart problems (quick pulse or palpitations)
- Body pain
- Strong agony
- Unpredictable period
- Swollen face
- Memory loss
- Improper sleep
- Water retention
Best Yoga postures for thyroid issues
Yoga is one of the most viable natural answers to treat thyroid issue. Various Yoga postures give thyroid treatment. These postures are additionally advantageous in the avoidance and administration of thyroid. The following is the list of best yoga postures effective both in case of hyperthyroidism & hypothyroidism.
- Viparitakarani (Inverted Pose)
- Halasana (Plow posture)
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand posture)
- Ustrasana (Camel posture)
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
- Dhanurasana (The Bow posture)
- Setubandh sarvangasana (Bridge development posture)
- Bhujangasana (The cobra postures)
- Nadi Shodhana
- Sirshasana (Headstand posture)
- Ujjayi Pranayama
Eating routine tips for thyroid issue
- Eating routine with high fiber substance ought to be taken.
- Maintain a distance from all the more eating of fats and starch.
- Give more importance to green leafy vegetables.
- Unique focus ought to be given to seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Ginger enormously improves thyroid function. Have ginger or make ginger tea.
- Dark walnut contains iodine, which helps the thyroid gland.
- Items like curd, meat, fish, eggs, radish, and oats contain great amount of iodine. So take these in your diet consistently to control thyroid issues
- Gomutra (Cow pee):
- Opt for sunrays: stroll in the morning daylight for around 10-15 minutes
- Drinking coconut oil enhances the capacity of thyroid hormone
- Include carrots, grows, pumpkin, spinach, wheat grass ocean growth as a result of its iodine content to your diet.
Thyroid eating regimen safety measure
The following foods ought not be taken who has thyroid issues.
- Maintain a distance from cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli
- Non-vegan foods
- Milk and dairy items
- Hot and spicy foods
- Avoid banana, mango and grapes
- Refined and packaged foods
Looking for a health expert around you? Medikoe is an online platform that allows you to search and connect with the most qualified and experienced doctors near you. Have a query related to health? Get it answered for free within 24 hours only at Medikoe.